Tofu ricotta is a vegan alternative to regular ricotta. It is creamy, cheesy, made with only 6 ingredients, and ready in less than 5 minutes! Use your tofu ricotta to make vegan lasagna, stuffed shells, or enjoy it as a dip!
Vegan Tofu Ricotta
Tofu Ricotta is versatile and can be used in almost any recipe to replace regular ricotta cheese. The texture is velvety and the flavor is cheesy. It can be used in all types of dishes, especially when making pasta, pizza, and sandwiches! I recently used it as a base for my Vegan Ricotta and Asparagus Galette —sooo good btw!
Reasons You’ll Love This Recipe. It’s:
- A delicious dairy-free ricotta alternative that tastes just as good as the real thing!
- Packed with protein: Tofu is an excellent plant-based protein source, providing approximately 22 grams per serving.
- Low calorie: Tofu is also low in calories, but loaded with nutrients like calcium, fiber, and iron, making it a great healthy option.
- An Oil-Free, nut-free, easy recipe!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Firm tofu, drained
- Lemon juice
- Nutritional yeast
- Sea salt and Black Pepper
- Garlic Cloves or Garlic Powder
- Fresh parsley
Tools You’ll Need:
Food Processor: Making this vegan ricotta is as easy as putting all the ingredients in the food processor and blending until they are incorporated. If you do not have a food processor you can simply use a fork to mash the tofu and mix the ingredients together.
How To Make Vegan Tofu Ricotta? (Only Two Easy Steps!)
- Gather your ingredients. Drain any excess liquid from the tofu (do not press).
- Add the ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth, creamy, and all the ingredients are well combined.
How To Store Vegan Ricotta Cheese?
Store this tofu ricotta in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can also store it in the freezer for up to 2 months. Defrost it overnight in the fridge before using it. Be sure to give it a good stir before using.
Dairy-Free, Plant-based Ricotta
I hope you enjoy the recipe! If you try it, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram and Pinterest! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen!
Vegan Tofu Ricotta
- Food Processor
- 10 oz Firm Tofu (275 g), drained
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Sea Salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder (or 3 garlic cloves)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley
- Chop the tofu into large cubes and transfer tofu and all ingredients into a blender or food processor.
- Blend just a moment, less than 30 seconds. Until you achieve a ricotta like consistency. Enjoy!
- Use firm or extra firm tofu
- Feel free to add any fresh herbs or spices you like such as fresh basil, dried oregano, onion powder, etc.