Perfectly Grilled Garlic Herb Eggplant, smothered in smokey flavors from the grill and deep robust flavors from the herbs! This easy dish comes together in minutes for the perfect side dish!
In my opinion, grilled vegetables are completely underrated!! Honestly, the contenders are great but nothing beats perfectly grilled eggplant or zucchini. And don’t get me started on grilled fruit! GAH, pineapple is just the best and when paired with shrimp, like in these Pineapple Shrimp Skewers, it’s literally mouthwatering!
Grilled Eggplant is one of those dishes that is incredibly easy to make, super flavorful, and the perfect side dish when grilling. The trick to making tasty grilled eggplant is all in the preparation. There are steps you cannot skip if you want to get a nice, tender finish with a lovely charred crust on your eggplant. Let’s dive in and I will tell you all you need to know!
How to Grill an Eggplant?
First and foremost, the most important step is to slice the eggplant and season it generously with salt—and by generously I mean at least 2-3 tsp to cover all of the eggplant slices. Then you will set the eggplant aside and allow time for the moisture to escape the eggplant, about 15 minutes.
I know this step might be tempting to skip, but I promise you that it is crucial. Don’t skip this step!
You’ll notice that the eggplant has sweat a ton, leaving a lot of water on the tray. With a clean cloth or paper towel, pat the eggplant dry to prepare them for the next step: coating the eggplant with the garlic herb sauce.
Grilled Eggplant Marinade
In a small bowl, combine Olive Oil, Fresh herbs, Fresh Garlic, and seasonings. Then, coat both sides of eggplant. The next steps are even easier. Simply transfer the eggplant to a heated grill and cook for 6-8 minutes on each side!
Garlic Herb Grilled Eggplant. Enjoy!
What to serve with grilled eggplant?
I Hope You Enjoy This Grilled Eggplant Recipe!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram! I love hearing from you!
Easy Grilled Garlic Herb Eggplant
- 1 Eggplant
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
Garlic Herb Sauce
- 2/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Cut the eggplant into 1/2inch thick slices (either diagonal or crosswise). Make sure to leave on the skin as this helps the eggplant to retain it's shape during cooking and develop a crispy crust.
- Line eggplant in a single layer on a baking sheet. Generously salt each slice on both sides and set aside for at least 15 minutes to draw out the moisture.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Wipe each of the slices with a paper towel or cloth to remove the excess salt and moisture.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the garlic-herb sauce ingredients. Coat each slice of eggplant in the sauce by placing it in the dish and flipping over so each side is coated thoroughly.
- Grill the eggplant for 6-8 minutes per side, or until golden and has grill marks. Once the eggplant is cooked, remove it from the grill and drizzle any remaining garlic and herb sauce on the eggplant.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and enjoy!