Fluffy, flavorful Baked Strawberry Donuts are made with REAL strawberries and topped with a lemon glaze for a gluten-free and vegan treat. They are made with natural sweeteners so you can enjoy a healthy-ish dessert!
If you love baked donuts, you will definitely want to try my Vegan Baked Chocolate Donuts and Vegan Baked Blueberry Donuts next!
This content contains affiliate links, which help goodfoodbaddie.com to provide free recipes and resources. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support of the blog!
It’s full-on strawberry season in southern California right now. That means big, juicy, ripe strawberries that are red all the way through and leave trickles of strawberry juice on your chin with every bite! I absolutely LOVE strawberries whether it is on an acai bowl, in a smoothie, or in this case in a donut!
These donuts were so fun and take less than 30 minutes to make! Since they are completely gluten-free and vegan, I had to do a bit of experimenting to get the perfect fluffy finish. Luckily, it only took a couple of tries, and now I have the perfect recipe!
What You’ll Need to Make Baked Strawberry Donuts
Before I jump right in, I want to first share the necessary equipment you’ll need to make these donuts. It isn’t much, but without these items making the donuts will be quite challenging.
- Donut Pan is necessary for this recipe. It’s completely worth buying because once you see how easy it is to make homemade donuts, you’ll definitely be making them again! This is the donut pan I use.
- Pastry Bag helps when transferring the donut mixture into the donut pan. With a pastry bag, you can squeeze the donut mixture into each opening with ease. (Here is a great pastry kit that includes reusable bags!) Kitchen Hack: You can always use a Ziploc bag and cut open one of the corners.
- Cooling Rack is needed after the donuts are finished in the oven. Once you remove the donuts from the oven you won’t want to leave the donuts in the donut pan because they will continue cooking. They can become soggy. Instead after allowing the donuts to cool in the donut pan for a few minutes, transfer the donuts to a cooling rack to firm. (Here is a great cooling rack option.)
How to make baked strawberry donuts?
First, you are going to combine all of the ingredients, except for the strawberries into a large mixing bowl. I like to first mix my dry ingredients together and wet ingredients together in separate bowls and then combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
Once the donut batter is prepared, you will then mix in the strawberries. It is best if you use fresh, diced strawberries. Allow them to sit at room temperature for a bit before adding them to the donut batter.
Frozen strawberries that are thawed work but ensure they are completely thawed before using in this recipe. Otherwise, your donut will turn into a moisture-ridden mess when baking.
If the batter is too thin, you can add 1 tablespoon of almond flour at a time until it thickens.
Add the mixture into a pastry bag. Transfer them into the donut pan and place in the preheated oven.
Your work is almost done! After they are done baking, wait 2-3 minutes before transferring the donuts onto a cooling rack for 5-10 minutes.
I hope you enjoy this Baked Strawberry Donut Recipe!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.
Want more fun treats to bake? Try these!
- Fudgy Chocolate Brownies | Vegan + Gluten-Free
- Homemade Snickers Ice Cream Bars | Vegan + Gluten-Free
- Chocolate Chip Cookies | Vegan + Gluten-Free
- No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake | Vegan + Gluten-Free
- Best Almond Flour Matcha Cupcakes
- Best Gluten-Free Peach Cobbler
Baked Strawberry Donut (Vegan + Gluten-Free)
- 1/2 cup Fresh Strawberries, diced
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Non-Dairy Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 3 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 2 Flax Egg (2 tbsp ground flax + 5 tbsp water)
Lemon Glaze (optional)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly oil two donut pans. Prepare flax egg by mixing ground flax and water. Let sit for 10 minutes to firm. Remove the strawberries from the fridge to allow to come to room temperature. Measure the almond milk and warm it slightly in the microwave (less than 30 seconds).
- Combine all the dry ingredients into a small bowl. Combine all the liquid ingredients in a separate, large bowl. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the strawberries, making sure not to over-mix. If the batter is too thin, add 1 tbsp almond flour at a time until it thickens. It should not be pourable, but easily scoopable.
- Transfer the mixture into a pastry bag (or ziploc bag) to pour into the donut pan. Fill each opening to the top with donut batter.
- Bake at 375F 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. The donut should be slightly firm and springy to the touch.
- Let the donuts cool in the pan for 2-3 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely, for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the lemon glaze. In a food processor or blender combine the lemon glaze ingredients until you achieve a slightly thick glaze. If the glaze is too thin, add 1 tbsp confection sugar until the desired consistency is reached
- Dip the donuts in the glaze and top with any of your favorite toppings such as sprinkles or coconut shavings.
- Enjoy! Store the donuts in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- If not dairy-free, you can sub the unsweetened non-dairy milk for Buttermilk.
- If you do not have donut pans, you can use a mini muffin tin to bake these!
- If not egg-free, you can sub the flax egg for 1 regular egg.
- Make sure to fill the donut pan openings completely for the best results
- My favorite Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour to use is Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 GF AP Flour
- Nutrition Facts do not account for the lemon glaze
Ive never had strawberry donuts, but these look good. I love trying healthier versions of sweet treats.
Gluten free and vegan is an amazing combination. I wish i had strawberries like this back east. Those donuts look so scrumptious I will have to try that recipe.
I love that this recipe is vegan. It looks really yummy.
Now, this sounds like an interesting take on a doughnut, I do love one with strawberry jam so I bet I would love this twist!
That sounds like a delicious twist!
Yum, these look delicious. I just love strawberry desserts. I don’t think I’ve tried baked donuts before.
Hi Amber! Baked Donuts are so delish and easy to make. And a bit healthier. I hope you enjoy this recipe!
First of all, strawberry is one of my favorite things on any dish, this will be on my list already. The concept and the idea of this recipe is outstanding. I love everything on this from the texture, how to prepare and cook is really as counting 1, 2, 3. I’ll definitely make this at home.
Hi Gervin! I am so glad you like!
Love the idea of baked donuts! Sounds like a must try recipe!
Oh my gosh, you have my mouth watering! These look SOOO good!
I am going to give these a try this weekend. They look so good!!
I love both strawberries and donuts so this is perfect for me. What a combo, I need to try this one out.
I’ve never tried strawberry donuts before. These sure look amazing. I have been wanting to make donuts with my daughters too. We’ll have to try this out.
Hi Kathy! I hope you have fun baking these with your daughter!
Strawberry jam is one of my favorite spreads and i will try to make your yummy vegan donut soon. Thank you for coming up with this variety!
You’re Welcome! I hope you enjoy!
Donuts are my love language, and these strawberry donuts take the cake! They are perfectly moist and delicious- thanks for sharing!
These strawberry donuts looks delicious, They are perfect treat for kids I need to try it .
I’ve never had strawberry donuts and these look delicious. You are right, with fresh strawberries I can only imagine how good they are. This recipe has me salivating. Have to try it out for sure.
Woah, I’ve never heard of this before! They look delicious.
I love anything with strawberries and this is really looks good. Im sure my daughter love this too
These are such a fun baking project too! I hope you enjoy!
Interesting! This is honestly new to me. I’ve never tried or tasted one before. Looks so good!