This Morning Wellness Smoothie is the perfect, delicious, nutrient-dense smoothie to add to your morning routine. Packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and mineral-rich fruits and vegetables like ginger, beets, and carrots, this is a tasty treat to get your day off to a good start!
If you love this healthy smoothie, check out my favorite healthy smoothies in this 16 Superfood Smoothies post.
I typically start my mornings by first drinking a huge glass of water (about 18oz) and then I’ll make a smoothie.
In the morning, when your stomach is empty is the best time to drink a smoothie because your body will better absorb all the nutrients! It also gives you a great jumpstart to your day!
Healthy Smoothies That Taste Good
I love coming up with different smoothies each morning and combining different fruits and vegetables. This is my favorite Wellness Smoothie Recipe. It is loaded with amazing nutrients like fiber, manganese, potassium, antioxidants and more that help lower blood pressure, improve heart health, reduce inflammation, reduce stomach issues, increase energy, and boost brain health.
Morning Wellness Smoothie
The stars of this smoothie are the ginger and the beets!
Beets have such a mixed reputation. I LOVE THEM and find them incredibly versatile (I put them in salads, smoothies, and even use them to make delicious veggie burgers) However, I’ve heard many times that it “tastes like dirt”. To be honest, I have never had beets that taste like dirt. I think the issue may be caused by not thoroughly rinsing or peeling the beets before using. Often, there is actually dirt in the crevices of the stems and creases of the skin, so it is important to wash and remove all dirt particles before using beets. I love washing my vegetables by first spraying them with a Citrus Vegetable and Fruit Cleaner, and then washing them with my vegetable scrubbing gloves.
As for the taste of beets, they are sweet, light, refreshing and pair perfectly with fruit! Beets also offer a TON of nutrition and health benefits. They are:
- An amazing source of Vitamin C, Iron, Fiber and Potassium. (1)
- Extremely low in calories: 1 cup has less than 60 calories (1)
- Helpful in increasing stamina, lowering blood pressure, and improving blood circulation (2)
Ginger is an incredibly powerful superfood that is praised for its medicinal properties as it is used predominantly in alternative medicine practices. It is also commonly used as a spice when cooking. Ginger has amazing nutritional and health benefits. It has:
- A incredibly high amount of antioxidants, magnesium, Vitamin B3 & B6, Zinc, folate (3, 5)
- Been shown to reduce inflammation, especially that caused by exercising or complex ailments such as osteoarthritis (4)
- Bioactive properties that help fight bacteria and lower the risk of infection (4)
For those who are new to using ginger in smoothies, you will notice it has a prominent taste. Ginger is a bit peppery and spicy, with a ting of sweetness. I LOVE the way it taste, but for those who are not yet used to the taste of ginger, I recommend starting with a 1 inch piece in your smoothie.
Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
With these immensely nutrient-dense foods as the main ingredients, plus the addition of tasty fruits and vegetables (that each provide beneficial nutrients), you have a tasty, smooth, sweet smoothie that does wonders for your health!
A few tips to making this Morning Wellness Smoothie:
-I like my smoothies almost juice like consistency, so I add more almond milk to make it smooth. Feel free to use more or less almond milk to reach your preferred consistency.
-If you are new to using fresh ginger in smoothies, I recommend starting with 1” for this recipe.
-To get even more of a nutrient boost, add 2 teaspoons of ground flax, hemp seeds, or chia seeds to add more protein and omega-3 fatty acids to your smoothie!
-This recipe makes two smoothies. You can save one in an airtight jar for later or share with a friend 😊
Morning Wellness Smoothie
- 2 Small Beets, peeled
- 2 Carrots
- 2" Ginger, peeled
- 1 cup Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups Mango
- 2-3 Pitted Dates
- 1 1/2 cup Almond Milk, more if needed
- Add all ingredients to a blender, and pulse until combined. Serve immediately.
- (f the smoothie is too thick, add more milk. If it is too thin, add more frozen fruit and/or ice.
- The more dates you add, the sweeter the smoothie will be. I would not add more than 4 dates. You can also use honey to sweeten the smoothie. 1-2 tsp works great!
- You can store any extra of this drink in an airtight mason jar and enjoy it for up to 24 hours.
Pin It and Save It For Later!
Disclaimer: Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you and helps me keep my site running! I’m sharing these products because I use them, trust them, and cannot recommend them enough. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.