Sheet Pan Harissa Chicken with Olives, Potatoes, and Feta
Sheet Pan Harissa Chicken with Olives, Potatoes, and Feta is just what you need to spice up your easy weeknight meal routine! Simply place all of your ingredients on one sheet pan, bake, and enjoy a flavorful, filling meal!
- 4 (5 ounce) Bone-in Chicken Thighs
- 1 lb Potatoes (Yukon, Red, or Sweet Potatoes), cut into 1" chunks
- 4 tbsp Harissa Sauce
- 5 tbsp Cooking Oil (Avocado, Grapseed, Or Olive Oil)
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper, plus more to taste
- 5 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 2 Lemons, divided
- 1 Small White Onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup Pitted Olives (Kalamata or Green Olives)
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled or cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup Herbs for Garnish: Fresh Parsley, Cilantro, Mint, and/or Dill.
In a large bowl, add the chicken and sliced potatoes. Season with the harissa sauce, 3 tbsp olive oil, salt, pepper, cumin, and the juice of one lemon. Mix until the chicken and potatoes are evenly coated. (Try to get some of the harissa sauce under the skin of the chicken thighs). Cover the bowl and let the chicken and potatoes marinade at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Heat the oven to 400°F
Add the marinated chicken and potatoes, and onion to an aluminum foil or parchment-lined sheet pan. Arrange in an even layer. Drizzle on the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Roast uncovered for 40-45 minutes, or until an instant thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken reads 165°F. Be sure to flip the potatoes halfway through (at 20 minutes).
During the last five minutes of roasting, add the olives to the dish.
Remove the sheet pan from the oven and add the feta cheese and herb garnish. Squeeze 1/2 lemon onto the entire dish.
Enjoy! Serve with yogurt or avocado crema!
Tips For Making This Sheet Pan Harissa Chicken
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- If you have time, marinate the chicken in the harissa sauce before roasting. Even just 30 minutes of marinating the chicken can make a difference!
- Cover the potatoes with harissa sauce as well.
- Cut the potatoes into bite-sized chunks so that they are thoroughly cooked at the same rate as the chicken.
- Add the olives to the dish towards the end, when there are about 5 minutes left of baking time.
- Add large chunks of feta cheese after removing the dish from the oven.
- Garnish with fresh herbs. Cilantro, Parsley, and dill are great additions to this dish. You can also serve with dollops of Greek yogurt for even more flavor! Or my 5-minute Avocado Crema Sauce!