Easy Vegan Eggplant Meatballs
Savory meatballs made with roasted eggplant and mushroom nuzzled in a homemade marina over gluten-free noodles. This easy vegan eggplant meatballs dish is the ultimate healthy, nourishing, and delicious comfort food.
- 1 large Eggplant
- 1 cup Mushrooms
- 1 cup Oat Flour
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 can White Beans (like Great Northern Beans)
- 1/3 cup Fresh Parsley
- 2 tbsp Fresh Oregano
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 Garlic Cloves
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Slice the eggplant, mushroom, and onion. Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes, until eggplant is slightly golden.
After the vegetables are roasted, add them to the food processor along with the remaining ingredients. Blend the ingredients for 30 seconds at a time, making sure to scrape the sides so all the ingredients are evenly combined. Blend until you achieve a thick, uniform texture with no large chunks.
Scoop out a tablespoon or so of the mixture and using your hand, roll into a bite sized meatball. This recipe makes about 16-20 meatballs depending on the size.
Place the meatballs on the same baking pan, and roast for 30 minutes, gently flipping halfway through. They should develop a golden-brown crust on the outside
- You can easily make oat flour by blending a cup of oats in a high-powered blender until a fine grain is achieved.
- If you do not have oat flour, you can use almond flour, rice flour, or gluten-free all-purpose flour.
- Serve these meatballs over a bed of marinara pasta.
- Store any leftover meatballs in an airtight container for up to three days. These meatballs freeze well and can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, simply let them thaw and then warm on the stove.