- ½ cup Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice or Pineapple Juice
- ¼ cup Coconut Aminos gluten-free. can sub soy sauce for non-gluten-free option
- 3 tbsp Avocado Oil or neutral tasting oil
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce ensure gluten-free if necessary
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger about 2"
- 4 Stalks Scallions end trimmed
- 1 Lime juiced
- 8 Cloves Garlic
- 2-4 Scotch Bonnet Peppers can sub w/ habanero peppers, add more or less as desired
- ½ Red Onion roughly chopped
- 6 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- 3 tbsp Jerk Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Sea Salt plus more to taste
- 1 tsp Black Pepper plus more to taste
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
Add all the ingredients into a food processor or blender.
Blend until smooth or until you reach your desired consistency.
Store in an airtight jar for up to one week. Use as a marinate for meats and fish.
If you do not have jerk seasoning to add to the sauce use a mix of:
**You can adjust the heat to your liking, adding more or less scotch bonnet or habanero peppers. This recipe is “medium spicy”.
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp ground allspice
- 2 tsp dried thyme or fresh thyme
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Serving: 3tbsp | Calories: 38kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.7g | Protein: 0.7g | Fat: 0.7g | Saturated Fat: 0.2g | Sodium: 238mg | Potassium: 119mg | Fiber: 0.9g | Sugar: 4.5g | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg