- 2.5-3 lbs Beef Brisket, at least 1.5 inches thick
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2 Large Heads of Garlic, cut crosswise
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 3 Celery Stalks, chopped
- 3 Carrots, chopped
- 2 Jalapenos, chopped (optional)
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 750 ml Dry Red Wine (like Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 3 cups Beef Broth
- 3 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 4 Sprigs Rosemary
- 3 Sprigs Thyme
- 1 cup Parsley
To Thicken The Sauce
- 3 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- Make sure your brisket is room temperature before pan searing. Set it on the counter at least 30 minutes before you are ready to prepare it to allow the brisket to come to room temperature. This helps the brisket cook evenly and guarantees the best texture.
- When braising the brisket, the liquid should only cover 2/3rds of the meat. This is essential to properly braise your brisket.
- Make sure the lid is tight and secure during the braising process.
- Use the leftover liquid to make a roux (sauce) for the brisket. Simply strain the sauce and thicken it using cornstarch
Serving: 1g | Calories: 914kcal | Carbohydrates: 12.5g | Protein: 62.5g | Fat: 56.6g | Saturated Fat: 21.7g | Cholesterol: 211mg | Sodium: 1198mg | Potassium: 1146mg | Fiber: 2.6g | Sugar: 4.8g | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 8mg