Cilantro-Lime Coconut Rice
Make delicious, fluffy cilantro-lime coconut rice with this easy 6-ingredient recipe! It's the perfect way to elevate plain white rice and ready in under 30 minutes! (This recipe is naturally gluten-free and vegan.)
- 1 1/2 cup Long Grain White Rice (or jasmine or basmati rice)
- 1 cup Canned Coconut Milk (full-fat or lite)
- 1 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Shredded coconut flakes, optional
- 1 Lime, zested and juiced (about 1-2 tbsp lime juice)
- 1/4 cup Finely chopped cilantro leaves (coriander)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
Rinse the rice with water until the water runs clear. This is a necessary step and helps to make fluffy rice.
Mix the rice, water, coconut milk, shredded coconut, and salt in a medium-size saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a low boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
Remove the rice from the heat. Stir in lime juice and chopped cilantro. Enjoy!